Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Book Review: Power Girl



Author: Justin Gray 
Pages: 160 pages
Publisher: DC Comics
Publication Date: April 20th 2010 
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Source: Library 


This is such a fun comic! I am not normally a fan of comics in general or for that matter DC comics but I decided to try this one. Surprisingly I loved it! This comic is action packed, and filled with awesome fighting scenes. The main character Power Girl is upbeat and rather lively. There is however a bit too much boob for my taste. Okay we get the fact that she's a female. I'm not extremely interested in the oversized sexual nature of this comic. 


The writing however is excellent, the story is very quick and action packed. There is thought and art behind the words, it's not at all stereotypical of a comic. I loved the fact that she was a compassionate hero and cared about people while punching things and fighting crime. 

The villains are great and really seems to make the book feel effortless and fun. They to silly hilarious things that make me think that the author doesn't take himself seriously. I love that. It seems fun and exactly what comics, to me should be about. 


The alternative cover art at the back of the book is awful. That and the boob issue is why this book loses half a point. 



Goodreads Book Description: 

The fan-favorite writing team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray (JONAH HEX, TERRA) team with popular aritst Amanda Conner (JSA CLASSIFIED, TERRA) for the rip-roaring solo adventures of Power Girl. 

She bursts from the pages of the JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA to star in her own series. Power Girl wants to build herself a secret identity but a major villain from her past, the Ultra-Humanite, has other plans in store for her and to get his way, he's holding Manhattan hostage.

 Plus, a trio of sexy alien marauders hits Earth for the ultimate party. Unfortunately, by their standards, that means destroying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment