Sunday, June 5, 2016

Book Review: Mother Can You Not?




Title: Mother Can You Not? 
Author: Kate Siegel 
Pages: 272
Publisher: Crown Archetype
Publication Date: April 5th, 2016
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars
Source: Blogging for books 

Wow, this book is okay conceptually. I actually am a long time fan of @crazyjewishmom on instagram. When I saw this I instantly knew I needed to read it. I devoured this book in less than a day. Parts of it had me laughing so hard I hyperventilated. My ribs were killing me half way through the book. Then it hit me, something extremely surprising to me. 

This woman Kate Siegel has the most awkward mother-daughter dynamic. Her mother drove her so crazy she decided to share her outrage with the world. Soon thousands of people were following eager to see what the woman would do next. Her mother is what you call a drone parent. She worries about things that honestly are none of her business. 

It got annoying rather quickly. Her mother needs a xanax and her daughter needs to change her phone number. I am hoping against hope that most of these stories are embellished to make it more interesting. Overall I would not recommend this book. Sad to say. 
I received a free copy of this book from BloggingForBooks in exchange for an honest review. 

Links: Amazon /  Barnes and Noble 

No comments:

Post a Comment