Saturday, June 11, 2016

Book Review: The Strange Adventures of HP Lovecraft




Author: Mac Carter 
Pages: 184 Pages
Publisher:  Image Comics
Publication Date: July 13th 2010 
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars
Source: Library 

This was not as great as I expected. I am very disappointed. I am in no way a HP Lovecraft expert but I have read some of his fiction and feel like this didn't live up to it. The plot is lame and it is fictional of course. I feel like it missed the mark. It failed to understand his philosophical struggle and unique artistic vision.

The illustrations are okay, they are skillfully drawn and in someways tell the story well. It wasn't my favorite, it wasn't really my style. The characters are really similar in design and that takes away from it. The art is gruesome and the monsters, while interesting they are gross.

I was not expecting the graphic sex and nudity. I really didn't expect this to be a rated R comic, it doesn't mention it anywhere on the book. 







Goodreads Book Description: 

Chilling! Uncanny! Macabre! The wall that separates reality and nightmare comes fast undone in this, the complete, horrific chronicle of young H.P. Lovecraft! Is he a harmless writer of supernatural fiction -- or a secret god of destruction and despair? This is one strange tale, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment