Monday, June 13, 2016

Book Review: The Wandering Troll






Title: The Wandering Troll 
Author: Russ Hughes and KayeC Jones
Publication Date: October 1st 2015
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
Source: From the Author


This is book is super cute. I could get over how awesome the design was. The pictures are cute and bright which really made my boys excited to read it. The pictures look sort of pasted together, but in a super cute way.

The story is filled with cute rhymes and was great for my littlest who is working on rhymes in school.  The Wandering Troll is a story about a troll who is looking for the right home, and man is he having trouble. As a foster parent this book is great for the kids that come through my home. It deals with feelings in a way that little ones can process.

My only dislike in this book is from a reading stand point. The writing is clear and super easy to follow. The rhymes can be super awkward at various points during this book. Sometimes I found myself struggling with some of the rhymes which frustrated my littlest a bit.

Overall this book is pretty incredible. I am glad I got to read this book. Once again I received this book for free from the author in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

Book Description: 

Here's a little story,
about a lonesome troll,
looking for new territory,
without a living soul.

He traveled far and wide,
from coast to coast,
becoming more and more untied,
'til he found something he needed most.

Link: Cozy Bear Studios // Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment