Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Book Review: Frayed


Title: Frayed
Author: Kara Terzis 
Pages: 304 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publishing date: June 7th 2016
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Source: From Publisher



Frayed by  is an interesting book. It is a bit challenging for me to write about. I have such mixed views on this YA novel. This book is incredible depressing and honestly not very moving. This story was creepy and gripping but lacked any real character development. 

I hate to write a review like this to a young debut author, but this one was really bad. I was excited about this book when all of Instagram, and Goodreads seemed to like it.

For a supposed psychological thriller, it didn't read as much. It seemed like the story was made to be "messed up" I really didn't like some of the things that happened in this book. That turned me off a lot.

This book had so much filler in it. It really didn't need all of the ridiculous details.  This book had so many scenes in it, I quickly became disinterested. They really didn't add anything but word count. I really think if the book added more details of characters, instead of useless scenes this would be better.

The ending of this book is crazy, and very awesome. I don't give spoilers often so I would give the whole ending away. I really didn't expect the ending to happen. It was fitting for a murder mystery. I didn't guess it, it probably was the best part of this book. 

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this book. With that said I am looking forward to what this author does in the future. 

I received an advanced review copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 


Goodreads Description: 

Dear Kesley,

My therapist tells me I should write you a letter. Like flushing all my thoughts and feelings out of my system and onto paper. I tell her it's a stupid idea.

But here I am, writing a letter to a dead girl. Where do I start? Where did our story begin? From the moment you were born...or died?

I'll start with the moment I found out the truth about you. Your lies and my pain. Because it always begins and ends with you.
And that end began when Rafe Lawrence came back to town...


Ava Hale will do anything to find her sister's killer...although she'll wish she hadn't. Because the harder Ava looks, the more secrets she uncovers about Kesley, and the more she begins to think that the girl she called sister was a liar. A sneak. A stranger.

And Kesley's murderer could be much closer than she thought...

A debut novel from Wattpad award-winner Kara Terzis, Frayed is a psychological whodunit that will keep you guessing

No comments:

Post a Comment