Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Book Review: Tears of Tess


This is not a book I would ever read, let alone review on this site, but I felt like I needed to review this book. I accidentally used a credit from Audible on this book. I don’t know what I expected but I didn't expect, what I got. 

This is a dark book. I was afraid to continue at times. I expected it to be a lot darker than it was. I was so happy for that. This book pissed me off enough. I was so happy that I could read this book without freaking out

Tears of Tess starts out with a girl named Tess, she is a young girl from Australia, she is in college, and is your typical young girl. She has a boyfriend who she loves but somehow doesn’t give her exactly what she wanted. I have to admit this, was extremely annoying in the beginning. I feel like she was making her relationship with Brax an issue. He seemed like a great guy. Trying to please her he sends her on a surprise trip to Mexico. The story goes downhill from here. 

“Only think of me and what I’m doing. There is intimacy in pain esclave. Let me make your pain my pleasure.”

While on this trip they go sightseeing and Tess is taken, kidnapped, and later sold into the sex trade. This was a horrible part of the book. It was heart wrenching and extremely intense. I wanted to save Tess, hug her and rescue her from the horrible men that had taken her. 

Eventually she is sold to a man named Q. He is a Frenchman who is a terrible man that buys girls. For whatever reason, his handsomeness is given as an excuse for his horrible and illegal activities. I really hated him in the middle of the book, but the ending had me falling for him little bit. 


“I hadn’t gone Stockholmy- I hated him, knew what he did was wrong, but my body, shit, my body didn’t care.”



This is one of those novels that will make you devour every page.This is also one that you wont be able to put down. While I hated almost everything he did, at the same time I felt myself starting to care about them as time went on. I also liked that this book never once victim blamed. This wasn’t about the guy’s power, or a fifty shades of gray knock off, this was honesty. 

The worst part of this book was the ending. I hated it so much. I will say it did make me want to read more of the series, but it also sort of put me off also. The ending is supposed to be some major curveball put it was rather lame compared to the rest of the book. 




Goodreads Description :

USA Today Bestselling Series
*6 STARS - BEST BOOK I'VE READ THIS YEAR!* Hook Me Up Book Blog
*6 out of 5 BRANDING stars!!! THE BEST BOOK OF 2013!* Prima Donna

"My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect. Then it all changed.I was sold."
Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror.

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can't save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she's broken and ruined, or will Tess's new owner change her life forever?

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and hard to read subjects. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment