Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Book Review: This Too Shall Pass


This too shall pass by Milena BusquetsIs honestly my favorite motto. I loved the title of this books, so I had to read this. This book has a lot of negative reviews, which I don't exactly understand? I really liked this book. 

This is the story of a women named Blanca who is dealing with the death of her mother. This is a subject matter that I am unfamiliar with. I still have my mother in my life, but at some point I won't. Her life is really turned upside down by this life changing experience. She decides to go on a journey of self-discovery. 

In short, she is angry,  lost, and finding that nothing will help fill the void of her loss. She finds comfort in a lot of bad things. Mainly sex with a married lover, sex with her ex, and then flirtation with other. She narrates the story, with dark humor and sarcasm. She is often wish and filled with great intensity. 

I really enjoyed this book, the story even though it is depressing and dark it is beautiful. Her character is a strong woman. I cried throughout this book.... it was so beautiful. 

I recommend this book to anyone. 

I received this book for review from blogging for books, in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. 



Goodreads Description: 
An irrestible, vivid, and wise story of one woman's reckoning with loss and love
Blanca is forty years old and motherless. Shaken by the unexpected death of the most important person in her life, she suddenly realizes that she has no idea what her future will look like.

To ease her dizzying grief and confusion, Blanca turns to her dearest friends, her closest family, and a change of scenery. Leaving Barcelona behind, she returns to Cadaqués, on the coast, accompanied by her two sons, two ex-husbands, and two best friends, and makes a plan to meet her married lover for a few stolen moments as well. Surrounded by those she loves most, she spends the summer in an impossibly beautiful place, finding ways to reconnect and understand what it means to truly, happily live on her own terms, just as her mother would have wanted. 

A refreshingly frank and ruefully funny portrait of a grieving daughter, THIS TOO SHALL PASS explores how our deepest relationships are changed by tragedy, with bonds often becoming stronger in ways we never expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment