Thursday, September 8, 2016

Book Review: LumberJanes


Extremely uninteresting for me. I was so disappointed by this graphic novel. I was amped about this book. This was brought to my attention when I went to my college library asking for different graphic novels. I was searching for something with more purpose. I was told this was a feminist graphic novel. For the most part, it was. It was brought up in a fun and interesting way. Sharing names of life-changing women in history. 

These girls are constantly in trouble. They can't seem to avoid it. They are witty in a way that annoys me. They freaking get annoying after awhile. One liner can be fun, but when they become predictable it just loses it's appeal for me. The funny moments become very silly to me. Bordering on a level of immaturity that I can not handle. 



The characters are all very different and very odd. They stick together, and seem like true friends but something about them rubs me the wrong way. The plot had so many issues and made zero sense. 

Now moving onto my issues with the art. I loved the cover of this book. It was glorious, interesting, and had vivid coloring. When you go through the book the style has completely changed. It is almost strange in the way that it changed. I have to admit that sometimes I was bothered by the art in this novel.


Overall I wouldn't recommend picking up this novel. It is about 4 hours of my life that I wish I could recover.  

Title: LumberJanes
Author: 
Illustrator: 
Publisher: BOOMBOX! 
Publishing Date: April 7th 2015
Source: From Library

Links: Amazon // Barnes and Noble 



Goodreads Description: 

FRIENDSHIP TO THE MAX!

At Miss Qiunzilla Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet's camp for hard-core lady-types, things are not what they seem. Three-eyed foxes. Secret caves. Anagrams. 

Luckily, Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley are five rad, butt-kicking best pals determined to have an awesome summer together... And they're not gonna let a magical quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way! 

The mystery keeps getting bigger, and it all begins here. 

Collects Lumberjanes No. 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment