Monday, October 17, 2016

Book Review: I Am Found: Quitting the Game of Hide and Seek with God and Others



I Am Found: Quitting the Game of Hide and Seek with God and Others


So, I just finished this amazing devotion and I have to say I was pretty blown away but what I got out of it. This is a six week study that honestly is sweet and short. It does get a bit repetitive but I sort of liked that in the end. It gave me time for great reflection. 

The six weeks are as follows: 

Why do we hide?
How can we win the war on shame?
Why do we really hide.
Choosing Spiritual Friendships
Jesus is enough.

Some deep topics, eh? These are things that all of us struggle with at some point. Shame is a major thing that women, and christians face. We hide from God, when really he wants us to run into his arms. 

This is a traditional bible study and what I mean by that is it starts out with a thought provoking bible verse, or just topic, and then you apply it to yourself. She shares so many awesome examples of hiding from shame, and being able to be found. She has really cute stories to tell. 

You are given a scripture every week that you are supposed to reflect on in your journey through life every day. It is extremely encouraging and I found it to be exactly what I needed that week. It is funny how it works out that way. I wrote the scripture down and included it around the house. That is what works for me. That allowed me to really examine what it meant all week long. 

Honestly, what you get out of this book is a personal journey and will be different than mine. You might have a major impact or this might not be what you need at this time. The point it is to reflect on the heart of God. To be reminded to soak up his word. 

Many thanks to Moody Publishing for sending me this wonderful bible study. It was wonderful to dive into the word of God and give an honest plus unbiased review. 

Goodreads Description: 


Are you tired of battling shame?

Long to be truly known and deeply loved?
 


Hesitant to show others the real you? 


We are all made for connection, but many of us live with walls up and hearts closed. What would it take for us to let go and stand tall and unashamed?

I Am Found guides us in just that. This six-week Bible study on shame and identity explores how we can own our stories, trust God’s affections, and relate honestly with Him and others.

Each week begins with biblical teaching and is followed by five days of guided reflection. Drenched in Scripture, and allowing plenty of space to journal and savor biblical truths, I Am Found welcomes you on a personal journey of transformation through God’s Word.

Laura Dingman invites you to build your life on a beautiful, liberating truth: Jesus loves us in our weakness, but He doesn’t leave us there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment