Saturday, October 15, 2016

Book Review: Mischief at Midnight



This book has got to be one of my favorite middle-grade novels I have read in a while. The author Esme Kerr is such a great storyteller. This is a book young me, would have devoured. As an adult. of course, there were some problems, but I am not the intended audience.

The book is set at a cute boarding school and in particular, a little girl named Edie. She is the main star of this book, and man did I love her character. She was brave but hurt. She tried to do good, and always been the best-est, best friend she could be. Even to the point of letting her best friend walk all over her.

The book has a ton of drama in it, more so between the main character Edie, and a rich girl named Anastasia. It should be mentioned that Edie comes from a poor farming family, that is dysfunctional at best.

The book starts out as a new year at their boarding school. Both girls are eager to see each other after spending the summer worlds apart. Unfortunately, a new girl throws a monkey wrench into the plan. This girl is named Janet, and she is just plain bad news. Mostly because she is completely determined to get kicked out, she hates private boarding schools. I really disliked and didn't understand this character.

I really disliked how needy and attention seeking the main character seemed. It got very annoying at points. I really had to set my mind on the fact that she is a little girl, we were all super annoying back then.

Overall this is a great read, that I believe every girl should read. I received this book for free in exchange for my honest and completely unbiased review. 

Check out more on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment