Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Book Review: The Sun is Also a Star

I recently read everything everything, and it was unbelievable. When I saw this book, I knew I had to read it also. Once again my heart aches after reading this book, but ultimately I really enjoyed this book. The author is basically a pro at that feeling. How does she do it? The world may never know. This was such a stunning novel. 

The Sun is also a star is a multiple- POV love story. I generally hate love stories in this type of perspective, but this one was with everyone involved not just the main characters. Which was interesting. At the same time, this got a little crazy. 

The story follows Natasha, who is an American-Jamaican girl who believes in science. Things that can be proved. She is facing the worst right now. Her parents are being deported. She only has twelve hours to keep her family apart. The second main character is named Daniel, who is an American-Korean boy who is equal parts romantic, and dreamer. The are brought together in a twist of fate. They are both eager to prove each other wrong. 

The insta-love made me want to roll my eyes. This is sort of different than other YA novels because the premise revolves around the ability to have a romantic connection instantly. 

It was predictable. 

Disclaimer this was kindly provided by the publisher and blogging for books in exchange for an honest review.

Ultimately I rated this book a fair 3.5/5 stars. Give it a go. 


Goodreads Description: 

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment