Thursday, January 19, 2017

Book Review : The Prayer of Protection



This is my first Joesph Prince book. I had never heard of him before reading this book. 

I have to admit I was nervous when I received this book for review. Typically I am not a fan of religious people with large following. I don't watch preachers and pastors on television either. I often feel sometimes those people are a bit misguided. This book, on the other hand, isn't half bad. 

The book has a strong focus on Psalm 91. It is analyzed verse by verse. I enjoyed the in-depth look of one of the psalms but wished there was a bigger range of verses. It felt very constrained. When there are many other bible verses about how God's children are always protected. I really did enjoy the way he debunked some misconceptions some Christians have about our relationship with Jesus. 


He uses biblical stories that have a purpose and real-life testimonies of people, that are supposedly like you and me, to share the power of the Word and this psalm. 

The worst thing for me about this book is the lazy almost condescending writing style. I feel as if the author doesn't want to be here, or believes he is explaining something to child. The tone is both annoying and very insulting. I hate the pep talk, and the your life must be so bad vibe the author gives. 

I believe this book could be good for new and older  Christians that are interested in growing with the Lord. If you struggle with fear and anxiety I encourage you to give this book a chance. 

Disclaimer: I received this book from Faithwords in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Links to purchase this book: Amazon and Barnes&Noble

Goodreads Description: 


In these days of danger, trouble, and evil, New York Times bestselling author Joseph Prince reveals how God's children can have round-the-clock protection through the power of prayer.


THE PRAYER OF PROTECTION unveils the Bible's ultimate psalm of protection, Psalm 91, to help you understand more about how God guards His children. Joseph Prince offers simple keys and practical advice to finding and resting in the secret place of the Most High, where no evil can even come near you.

 You'll begin to live unafraid and with boldness as you allow the certainty of your heavenly Father's love and the sure promises of His Word to guard your heart against every fear. Come under the wings of the Almighty and live life divinely protected, positioned, and free from all fears with our covenant-keeping God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment