Saturday, May 20, 2017

Author Interview: Preeti G


A little bit about the author: 

Preeti G is a freelance Content Writer, ebook author and poet. Her writings have appeared in
several journals. She’s a member of the writer’s group CRWROPP-B. Born and brought up in
Hyderabad, she's done her MBA in Human relations and currently resides at Pune with her family. Her ebook on poetry ’22 poems On love and Life!’ published on Amazon can be found Here. Her upcoming ebook ‘The little girl and the river; Other poems’ is a beautiful collection of poems that is soon to be published on Amazon.

Her hobbies include reading and writing short stories, traveling and cooking.

So let's get to know Pretti G a little more: 

 Where do you get your ideas? 

My inspiration comes from my surroundings – people, incidents, memories, current events in the world – something that connects to my inner self, which prods me to bring out my thoughts through my writing.


What is your writing process like?

There’s no specific process as such – but, once I sit down to write, I do so, irrespective of the din around. I prepare a draft of my thoughts, and then revise it, re-revise it until I am sure this is what I want to say and write!


What are the upsides and downsides to being an author/poet?

Being an artist, for that matter and not just a poet or writer, is a liberating experience – a natural channel to vent out your emotions productively. At the end of creating your ‘masterpiece’, you take a step back to admire your work, and feel content that you’re blessed with something many people can only aspire of. On the other hand, personally when I’m stuck with a writer’s block, I find it tough to be normal otherwise – whenever the thought of that unfinished work comes to my mind.


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer/poet? 
I’d never planned to become one! It was a natural extension of myself as a person. One of the earliest memories I have about writing is those long summer vacations I spent doing what I loved doing most – reading comics and other literature and writing poetry. I feel it’s in my blood!


Tell me about your new book of poetry 
‘The Little Girl and the River & Other Poems’ is a passionate portrayal of human emotions – love, joy, sorrow, and hope. The poems talk of the power of love over loneliness, hope and optimism during tough times, the strength of a dream and how the grit of the human spirit ultimately triumphs over the pervasive malice around. Also included are poems on women power, fighting adversities with courage – an ode to their remarkable endurance and spirit.
How did you come up with the title of your book?

One of the poems in the book ‘The Little Girl and the River” is about a girl carrying a heavy heart finding comfort and hope as she watches the river flowing by. How the modest river fills the girl with courage in its own simple way is the gist of the poem. I felt this poem to exactly bear what I wanted all my poems to convey – hope and optimism. Hence, I based the title of this book based on this particular poem.

  What does “being creative” mean to you?
       When I can breathe life into the most mundane things, add to its beauty and charm and    
       give it an altogether different life, that’s what is being creative to me.

What are you trying to communicate with your art?

If reading my poems could make someone feel better and more optimistic, I would consider it a privilege. Spreading happiness and hope through my work is my sole aim.

What would you say your mission is as a writer?

I want to grow better as a person through my writing and to convey to more and more people the message of love and hope.

Thank you so much for agreeing to interview with me, We loved getting to know more about you. 

Connect with her at:

FB: preetivandana

Twitter https://twitter.com/PreetiGauthor

Email:preetivandanamba@gmail.com


Book Blurb: The little girl and the river; Other poems


The little girl and the river & other poems is a refreshing take on human emotions – love, sorrow, happiness and much more. The collection of poems is a passionate portrayal of the vitality of love that supersedes loneliness, of hope and optimism in difficult times, of the power of dreams, and of how courage and the determined human spirit ultimately triumphs over the pervasive malice around. 


It is also a beautiful ode to women power, fighting adversities with hope and courage, of their remarkable endurance and selfless devotion. 

The poetry is inspiring and uplifting, in that it celebrates the power of the human spirit - of dreams and optimism and the ultimate victory of the resolute human soul over the vagaries of life.


Find the book on Amazon and Goodreads. 






No comments:

Post a Comment