Saturday, May 27, 2017

Book Review: As Red as Blood




The only real issue for me was this was pitched as Six of Crows meets Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, this was so very wrong. 

This is the kind of book I love. I was so interested in this book. The book blurb is sort of fail, honestly I don't believe it described this book one bit. I believe that the only thing this books blurb showed you was that it was a book about a trapper. I hate books that honestly have an entire back cover of reviews. Tell me more about the story, than what people thought. This may be a petty issue but it really bothered me. 

The book starts out with a girl named Elka, who is found by a Trapper, when she was seven years old. She has been completely swept up and completely left at the mercy of his hut. He decided that she would be useful. He decides to teach her how to live off of the land. Which is pretty big of him. I enjoyed this part of the story more than I thought I would. 

She is such a fun character because she really doesn't enjoy being 

I honestly found this book to be a compelling and easy to read. I feel like the story is face-paced. The strong female lead is exciting. I found the story of trauma and ultimate survival to be beyond gripping. If you are looking for a girl power lead story this is something you will really enjoy. 

"Way I reckon it, men killed more wolves than wolves ever killed men. I know who I’m more afraid of.”

I really enjoyed this book. I received this book for blogging for books, although I couldn't wait for it to be delivered before reading so I bought the ebook and finished it in two days. I really think most people will love this book.



Goodreads Description: 

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for teens—this international bestseller is a thrilling, edge-of-your-seat Nordic noir that chills to the bone, and not just because of the bleak winter setting.

Lumikki Andersson has made it a rule to stay out of things that do not involve her. She knows all too well that trouble comes to those who stick their nose where it doesn’t belong. But Lumikki’s rule is put to the test when she uncovers thousands of washed Euro notes hung to dry in her school’s darkroom and three of her classmates with blood on their hands. Literally.

A web of lies and deception now has Lumikki on the run from those determined to get the money back—no matter the cost. At the center of the chaos: Polar Bear, the mythical drug lord who has managed to remain anonymous despite hosting lavish parties and having a notorious reputation. If Lumikki hopes to make it out alive, she’ll have to uncover the entire operation.

Even the cold Finnish winter can’t hide a culprit determined to stain the streets red.



No comments:

Post a Comment