Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Book Review: Smell My Elephant (Children's Series)



This is a series I will be running for a little while, highlighting some excellent children's literature. During the coming months, there will be many children's books. Stay tuned to learn more about it. Read previous posts in this series here. 

This book is seriously my jam. For real, this book is perfect for any child that has any sort of special attachment to sentimental items. I was that little girl, that always carried around a doll. A very special doll that my birth parents gave me. It meant the world to me and I can't say I ever left home without it. I even have a school picture holding the doll.


So when I heard about a kids picture book about a special elephant I knew it would be one of my favorites. This is a fun, and somewhat silly little book. Fletcher is a special little boy with a very important and cute elephant. It is stuffed but that's okay. Everyone knows that elephants are supposed to smell like the places they have been,  such as a laundry basket, under the bed, the hamper, the sandbox.

So it was pretty alarming for little Fletcher when he couldn't place his favorite animals scent. So he sets out to ask everyone in his family about what they think the elephant smells like, and thus smell my elephant was born.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Sleeping Bear Press in exchange for my honest and completely unbiased review. All thoughts are my own.



Goodreads Description: 




Everyone knows that stuffed elephants always smell like all places they've been, the laundry hamper, the sandbox, the foot of the bed.

 But when Fletcher smells his elephant this morning, he just can't place its scent, so he heads off to ask his family if they might know what Elephant smells like.











No comments:

Post a Comment