Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The one were I am super honest about reading slumps

I am normally all about books on my blog but today I decided to get a little bit more personal and to be a bit more transparent. Have you ever had one of those days where you just sort of feel, blah? Like you can't explain why you feel bad, or how you could feel better, you just feel bad. It doesn't matter how many songs you listen to, how many pep talks you give yourself, or how much coffee you drink, it just isn't going to feel any better.

That is me today, perhaps it's because I stayed up all night long writing a research paper, it could be because I am taking 17 credit hours this quarter and it is kicking my butt. It is really weird because I take hard quarters and have never struggled reading. I am lucky these days if I am able to finish two books a week, which sounds like a lot, but for me, it is slowing down quite a bit.

I decided I was going, to be honest, today. I think people sometimes assume I must read all the time since I review so many books. I honestly feel like I am your average reader. It isn't like people refer to me as the girl that always has a book in her hand or anything. I do currently have two books in my backpack. Finished books that I really should have swapped out by now. This quarter is killing me guys.

My day started it at 5:00 am, which mind you if you didn't go to sleep, is a heck of an early start time. I am an early riser. I love getting up before the sun comes up. Frankly, I have a bunch of things to do and very little time to do them. I have to squeeze a lot into a few hours. Although today it took about an hour and 45 mins, a 24oz spicy chai tea, and a prayer to allow me to be a decent human being.

I packed my enormous backpack and headed out to start my day. My commute was rather uneventful. I am currently sitting in the cafeteria waiting for my first class of the day to start. It is a math class, my worst subject, but I am actually enjoying the class. It is so cold here lately that I hate going outside. So I stay inside and read some. When people ask me how I read so much and do school readings, I typically ask how much T.V. and slack off time they use. Those things aren't wrong or bad, and I am not judging anyone for doing those things. It is just I choose to read in those quite moments.

Thanks for my allowing me to ramble and complain today! I will be back tomorrow with a review of A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare






No comments:

Post a Comment