Thursday, July 27, 2017

Book Review: Broken Branches




Hey guys, today I have a super exciting post to share with you. This new book called Broken Branches is so good. It is filled with mystery and so much suspense. A book about a family curse, this book has all the elements that I love. 

My Actual Rating: is a 4.5 

I really enjoyed this one. We follow a man named Ian Perkins, who has returned to the house in which he grew up in. He is there with his son Harry, and wife Rachel. They have had their own issues, ups, and downs. Ian feels like this house has always had sort of a strange feeling to it, and returning has just elevated all of those feelings. We see a glimpse into his memories and his interactions with some of his family members. One, in particular, is his brother named Stuart. Who seems a bit odd.

The main element I loved in this story is the family curse. Which is sort of cloudy to begin with, is there really a family curse after all? Or is it all just in Ian's head. Never the less he is going to figure it all out. The course is centered around this tree in the families little cottage, which has caused problems for the family for many different generations. He quickly finds there is more here, that he needs to figure out.

There is a sadness to this book due to something that happens in the family, which adds to the emotional rollercoaster this book will put you on. The writing in this book is so moving, so different, and will have you on the edge of your seat. I devoured this book because I had to figure out what would happen, and that is exactly how a mystery book is supposed to be.

The only downside I saw to this book was in parts the book felt slow and I really sort of had to push my way through some of the build up. I also have to admit that it did feel flat in some places. Ultimately though the story was worth it.

The book is being launched by this awesome new publishing company called Hideaway Fall. This is either first book, and as you can see it is such an awesome book to launch with. If this is what is to come, I can't wait to read more books they publish, be sure to check them out.

Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest and fair review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Links for purchase: Amazon // Book Depository

Goodreads Description: 

'Family curses don't exist. Sure, some families seem to suffer more pain than others, but a curse? An actual curse? I don't think so.'

A family tragedy was the catalyst for Ian Perkins to return to the isolated cottage with his wife and young son. But now they are back, it seems yet more grief might befall the family.

There is still time to act, but that means Ian must face the uncomfortable truth about his past. 

And in doing so, he must uncover the truth behind the supposed family curse

No comments:

Post a Comment