Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Book Review: Here and Gone


When thinking about to write about for this book the words that came to mind were Dark...Creepy....Terrifying....

This is the kind of book I thought I would never read, I was hesitant to pick it up. But this book changed my life y'all. This is a hard book not to spoil but I will do my best. 

First, we meet this abused woman named Audra. She is hoping just to get away with her two precious kids when she is pulled over by a sheriff in a small town in Arizona. Not sure what it is but things are always a little weird in Arizona. Things go very wrong during that stop after the sheriff 'finds' a bag of drugs in the trunk of her car. He calls a deputy to take her two children to a safe place. Once at the jail Audra realizes that things are much worse than she originally thought. 
"Please," she said, unable to keep the quiver from her voice. "I've done everything you said. I've been cooperative. Please tell me where my children are."

Whiteside held her gaze.

"What children?" he asked

This is not the same old storyline you are thinking about. This one kicks but, because sometimes women aren't to be messed with. 

I enjoyed this author and his writing style.  I look forward to reading more of his books.

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Blogging for Books and  Crown Publishing for the book in exchange for an honest review.


Goodreads Description:

Here and Gone is a gripping, wonderfully tense suspense thriller about a mother's desperate fight to recover her stolen children from corrupt authorities.

It begins with a woman fleeing through Arizona with her kids in tow, trying to escape an abusive marriage. When she's pulled over by an unsettling local sheriff, things soon go awry and she is taken into custody. Only when she gets to the station, her kids are gone. And then the cops start saying they never saw any kids with her, that if they're gone than she must have done something with them... 

Meanwhile, halfway across the country a man hears the frenzied news reports about the missing kids, which are eerily similar to events in his own past. As the clock ticks down on the search for the lost children, he too is drawn into the desperate fight for their return.

No comments:

Post a Comment