I have been reading a lot, so this is going to be long.
Last Week I finished:
- The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary by Laura Shovan - This was a cute book I received for review ages ago, but never got around to reading. I enjoyed it and thought it was ideal for a book of "pretend" fifth-grade poems.
- The Heirs by Susan Rieger - this one was a review copy sent to me by Crown Publishing. I thought it was somewhere around 4.5 stars, to be honest. It was an interesting book about an upper-crust Manhattan family coming undone after the death of their patriarch. (check out my full review)
I am currently taking a class on Shakespeare, so we read two of his plays:
- Julius Caeser by William Shakespeare - I enjoyed this one, all though it wasn't my favorite and I kind of hated all the characters.
- Othello by William Shakespeare - This is my all time favorite play of his, although I have only read 13 so far. I read two different copies of this one, so I could compare and contrast it. I thought that it was an interesting commentary on race and love. Desdemona is one of my favorite female characters Shakespeare has developed.
I finished the audiobook of Tuesdays at the Castle, by Jessica Day George - this was a cute enough middle-grade story with loads of adventure!
Little things and Short things I have read this week:
This week I am going to be reading or am still reading:
- Voluntary Madness by Norah Vincent - currently at 147 pages
- Delta of Venus: Erotica by Anaïs Nin - currently at 111 pages
- The Other One by Colette - currently at 56 pages
- O Oceano no Fim do Caminho by Neil Gaiman - currently at 2 pages
- The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare- currently at 36 pages
- Shakespeare and Music by Edward W Naylor-currently at 7 pages
- Beauty and the Beast Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly-currently at 3%
This week I will start:
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
- The Dancing Pancake by Eileen Spinelli
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Finished This Week:
- Love that dog by Sharon Creech

No comments:
Post a Comment