BOOK INFORMATION:
A normal eighth-grader by day, thirteen-year-old Ben awakens one night in a fantastical dream world where snow burns, the sun disappears and reappears without warning, and magic is addictive.But the mysterious realm of Meridia is disappearing, eaten by a phenomena called the Fading. Joined by Avery, Marcus, and three dog-like dragonwoofs, Ben journeys across monster-infested oceans and sun-scorched mountains to retrieve the sphinx's head, the key to saving the world and every astonishing creature that inhabits it.
But not everyone wants them to succeed. Soon, they find themselves pursued by the Sovereign and his generals, whose armies will stop at nothing to perpetuate the Fading and its consumption of the land.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
Where Dragonwoofs Sleep and the Fading Creeps is a novel unlike I have ever read before. It was the gripping story of Ben who is 13 years old. He is such an adorable character. He awakes one day in a forest with a broken watch in his hand. This forest isn't just any book, it is magical. The forest is red, the snow in the forest is warm, and a mysterious girl believes he is an assains. This book has some interesting characters, a boy named Marcus who I enjoyed to read about. It also has something novel, translucent elves, I had never heard that one before. There are also fairies. I mean what more could you want in a book.
The story alternates between two states. One the dream world with the forest, and the reality of Ben an Marcus as school kids. There are so many ups and downs that happen to him during his time at school. I found that very interesting as a concept.
This book was strange and wonderful at the same time. It is well written, and a clean read. It is targeted to young adult but parts of it felt a bit middle grade. I felt the pacing was great until the end. I found the last few to be long and drawn out.
If I say anymore it will ruin it for you. This a really fun mysterious book that you really should check out.

No comments:
Post a Comment