Book Info:
|
We all live with fear. It hangs around, whispering in our ears, reminding us of all we can't do or will never be. But that's not the end of the story. We also have a God who draws close to say, Fear not. I am with you. This Spirit transforms us into fear fighters--women breaking free of trepidation to find bold dedication to God's peace-, purpose- and joy-filled callings.
With remarkable compassion born from personal experience, Kelly Balarie shows women how to
- Cultivate unstoppable faith by harnessing God's Word and promptings
- Pray panic-, blood pressure- and stress-reducing prayers to usher in lasting peace
- Discover clear and immediate action plans to exchange worry for God's greatest gifts
- Implement daily bravery decrees to stand armed through the day
- Participate in a 12-week study guide to foster new courageous habits
Kelly pulls back the curtain of fear so you can find the beautiful woman God created you to be.
My Thoughts
|
“If you spend your whole life grasping for happy in the future, you'll end up missing God's transformation in the present.”
Fear Fighting is a book that couldn't have been more important for me to read. As a self-proclaimed worry wart, I couldn't think of a better thing to read. This book is full of essays about how to use God's power to overcome your fears. There are chapters which deal with worry, compassion, and anxiety. The fear of being out of control, and the need to be in control is deeply discussed in this book.
This was a helpful book for me, but it wasn't without its challenges. This book may not be for everyone, but it may help others so don't let the poetic writing style turn you off of this book.
At times the writing style was challenging. It was somewhat frustrating at points also. In some of the stories, there is so much vagueness and ambiguity; I had a hard time understanding how exactly to face the fear, overcome the fear, essentially how to address it. I will say I enjoyed all of the bible stories that were presented in this book.
I enjoyed the part about how we often swing from thinking we are the greatest to believing that we are the worst. It is very wishy-washy but is something I struggle with all the time. If I do something wrong, then I feel like the worst person in the world or a burden to my family. Other days I feel on top of the world. So the "Pendulum of Pride," was something that affected me.
Another passage that had a profound effect on me was the following:
“You are always at work. I can trust You. You are doing something. Help me reach out to grab Your hand that is always extended to me, even when I am cowering, shivering, and perspiring in fear. Amen.”
This is a prayer I regularly need to say. I need to take these words to heart. This book will teach you how to embrace the power of God's Spirit. Then use this to defeat the fear inside you.
Disclaimer: I received this free copy from the publisher and Litfuse in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.


No comments:
Post a Comment