Friday, December 15, 2017

Book Tour: Imperfect Justice


Book info:

About the book:


The police say the woman was a murderer. Emilie Wesley knows they can't be talking about her client . . . can they?
To the world it seems obvious: Kaylene Adams killed her daughter and then was shot by police. Attorney Emilie Wesley knows a different story: Kaylene would never hurt anyone and was looking for a way out of a controlling, abusive relationship. Her death shakes Emilie's belief that she can make a difference for women in violent marriages. Self-doubt plagues her as she struggles to continue her work in the wake of the tragedy.
Reid Billings thought he knew his sister-right up until he learned how she died. He discovers a letter from Kaylene begging him to fight for custody of her daughters if anything should happen to her. No attorney in her right mind would support an uncle instead of the father in a custody case, but Kaylene's letter claims Emilie Wesley will help him.
Thrown together in a race to save Kaylene's surviving daughter, Emily and Reid pursue the continually evasive truth. If they can hang on to hope together, can they save a young girl-and find a future for themselves in the process?


My Thoughts on this book: 
Imperfect Justice is a book that so very interesting. It made me think in a way a book hasn't in a while. It mixed fiction with a real-life, relevant issue in our time. 

To be honest domestic violence is a hot topic for me no, being that child of a woman that regularly experienced domestically. This was something I was leery about reviewing. I am so glad that I gave imperfect justice a chance. 

This story we follow Kaylene Adams, who has killed her eldest daughter and nearly killed the younger one. She then tragically committed suicide. Given the past this woman had, this seems incredibly unlikely. There are only two people that believe this way, Emilie Wesley and her brother Reid Billings. Together they're determined to find out the truth and try to save a younger child in the process.

Alternately low they find each other, and they fall in love. Our main character Emilie Wesley has to be one of my favorite parts of this book. She is young but daring she's full of a heart, and she's a lawyer fighting for the rights of women that want escape domestic violence situations. The way of the author Cara Putman crafted her was so beautiful and well done.

Another character I enjoyed was Reid Billings. He was everything that Emily would've wanted and then some. He is the perfect charming guy we needed a story like this. He was a breath of fresh air from the overdone males in most fiction. 

In the book, we can see the writers faith in God. I have to say that this is my first Christian legal romance book, but it won't be my last. Not a genre I can't say I was ever planning to read. 

I read this book in two days, it was that good. 

I hope you will give it a chance. 


Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. All thoughts and opinions are on my own.

Author information:

Cara Putman is the author of more than 25 legal thrillers, historical romances, and romantic suspense novels. She has won or been a finalist for honors including the ACFW Book of the Year and the Christian Retailing's BEST Award. Cara graduated high school at 16, college at 20, completed her law degree at 27, and recently received her MBA. She is a practicing attorney, teaches undergraduate and graduate law courses at a Big Ten business school, and is a homeschooling mom of four. She lives with her husband and children in Indiana.

Find out more about Cara at

No comments:

Post a Comment