A new resident of Montana, Connie Ann Michael grew up in a close family on the outskirts of Seattle.
Drawn to the Lord she's followed her calling of service and has taught for twenty-six years, currently the fifth grade teacher at Crow Agency Public School, on the Crow Reservation.
Connie loves her family and is lucky enough to have two grown boys
. Living with her husband and two dogs in Big Sky country, Connie enjoys any activity that takes her outside and is working hard to overcome her fear of being eaten by a bear to enjoy more hiking trips in the mountains.
Connect with Connie Ann at the links below:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/connieamichael
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/connieemichael/
Blurb:
Eighteen-year-old Oli cannot remember life outside the barrier, a life before the oil spill that poisoned human kind, killing half the population and infecting the other half until they deteriorated from the inside out, forced to walk the earth as Screamers. It’s a dangerous new world in which barely anyone makes it past the age of twenty, and Oli’s time is running out.
Studying the Bible, Oli searches for words to help restore faith in a lost world, and when she receives a message from God telling her to leave the barrier, she knows what she must do. There’s only one problem: Her best friend, Coi, doesn’t believe her, and he’s showing the first signs of infection. But before she can convince him to leave with her, the Governor quarantines Coi and orders his execution.
Oli risks it all to rescue Coi, and they set out to find sanctuary away from the safety of the compound, not knowing who or what will get to them first: the Governor, the illness, or the Screamers. When they stumble upon a group of uninfected humans hidden among the rubble of an apartment building, they think they’ve found their salvation. But not everything is as it seems, and their enemies are closer than they thought.
Author Interview:
Author Interview:
1) How long have you been a writer? I have been writing to some extent since I was in fifth grade but anything worthy of reading has been about 10 years.
2) What was the inspiration for this book? The oil spill in the gulf of Mexico began the thought process and then I attended a bible study on Revelation and it all kind of went from there.
3) When you aren't writing, what are you doing? During the school year I am working. My commute is long so I think of many story ideas but can’t really write them down until vacations. In the summer I try to schedule writing time and then hike, bike, and do anything outside.
4) You've written adult military romance novels before. This is your first young adult novel. Why the switch? I felt like I was missing out on a genre my boys would like to read. They wouldn’t touch my romance novel so I had to get into something a bit more young adult.
5) How can your readers get to know you? I am on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/connieannmichael/ Twitter @connieamichael, Instagram https://www.instagram.com/connie.e.michael/ primarily. I have a blog I write more often in the summer months. I also have a newsletter you can sign up for on my blog http://connie-avidreader.blogspot.com/
6) Where can we buy the book? Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=connie+ann+michael
7) What's next? What else are you working on? I have a few projects in the works. I am working on the first and last book in the Screamers series as well as I have another college age book in the works and I am hoping to start the fourth book in my 1000 moments series.
8) Tell us 3 things about you that not a lot of people know. 1. I love to kayak and have kayaked class 5 rapids 2. My favorite place is the ocean 3. I’m a movie buff
Synopsis:
FORSAKEN SYNOPSIS
In the after math of a toxic spill the oceans have died and
civilization begins to falter. It then spreads through air, soaking
into the skin and mutating the infected into “The Screamers”.
Generations pass and OLI, an eighteen-year-old survivor, cannot
remember life before the barriers. Venturing out only in the safety
of the sunlight, Oli craves knowledge from the past. She searches
for answers to the illness in old books because she’s not willing
to give up on a society who has turned their backs on their faith.
The Governor of the Barrier sets his eyes on Oli, and her best
friend, showing the first signs of infection. They escape the
barrier in the middle of the night, leaving behind the only home
they’ve ever known. Oli hopes they will find a safe haven before
The Governor or the illness takes her best friend from her.
In the desolate landscape, they find refuge in a small settlement
where they take shelter, but not without catching the attention of
the Guard. Oli stumbles upon a hidden group among the rubble of an
apartment building, where she meets MATTY, a boy whose body is
mutilated and disfigured. But he’s gentle and carries a faith that
shows it’s never too late to believe in hope.
In the after math of a toxic spill the oceans have died and
civilization begins to falter. It then spreads through air, soaking
into the skin and mutating the infected into “The Screamers”.
Generations pass and OLI, an eighteen-year-old survivor, cannot
remember life before the barriers. Venturing out only in the safety
of the sunlight, Oli craves knowledge from the past. She searches
for answers to the illness in old books because she’s not willing
to give up on a society who has turned their backs on their faith.
The Governor of the Barrier sets his eyes on Oli, and her best
friend, showing the first signs of infection. They escape the
barrier in the middle of the night, leaving behind the only home
they’ve ever known. Oli hopes they will find a safe haven before
The Governor or the illness takes her best friend from her.
In the desolate landscape, they find refuge in a small settlement
where they take shelter, but not without catching the attention of
the Guard. Oli stumbles upon a hidden group among the rubble of an
apartment building, where she meets MATTY, a boy whose body is
mutilated and disfigured. But he’s gentle and carries a faith that
shows it’s never too late to believe in hope.


No comments:
Post a Comment