That is me today, perhaps it's because I stayed up all night long writing a research paper, it could be because I am taking 17 credit hours this quarter and it is kicking my butt. It is really weird because I take hard quarters and have never struggled reading. I am lucky these days if I am able to finish two books a week, which sounds like a lot, but for me, it is slowing down quite a bit.
I decided I was going, to be honest, today. I think people sometimes assume I must read all the time since I review so many books. I honestly feel like I am your average reader. It isn't like people refer to me as the girl that always has a book in her hand or anything. I do currently have two books in my backpack. Finished books that I really should have swapped out by now. This quarter is killing me guys.
My day started it at 5:00 am, which mind you if you didn't go to sleep, is a heck of an early start time. I am an early riser. I love getting up before the sun comes up. Frankly, I have a bunch of things to do and very little time to do them. I have to squeeze a lot into a few hours. Although today it took about an hour and 45 mins, a 24oz spicy chai tea, and a prayer to allow me to be a decent human being.
I packed my enormous backpack and headed out to start my day. My commute was rather uneventful. I am currently sitting in the cafeteria waiting for my first class of the day to start. It is a math class, my worst subject, but I am actually enjoying the class. It is so cold here lately that I hate going outside. So I stay inside and read some. When people ask me how I read so much and do school readings, I typically ask how much T.V. and slack off time they use. Those things aren't wrong or bad, and I am not judging anyone for doing those things. It is just I choose to read in those quite moments.
Thanks for my allowing me to ramble and complain today! I will be back tomorrow with a review of A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

No comments:
Post a Comment