Friday, March 9, 2018

Book Review: Jobs for Robots: Between Robocalypse and Robotopia



                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  

Robots are everywhere right now, but what will they mean for us? Automation, robotics, and future technology present tremendous opportunities -- but also significant threats.The way forward is fraught with challenges, and we must bridge critical gaps between the present and the future to fully reap the benefits of tomorrow. 

Jobs for Robots puts this debate in a historical context and presents readers with actionable steps to robot-proof their professional lives. 

The book also includes a compelling discussion about the future of work, roboadvising, FinTech, and universal basic income. 









                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

I had never thought about the future with robots, to be honest, ​I am kind of naive when it comes to futurist ideas. This was a new concept and term for me. I was very interested in learning more and this eye-opening book gave me some ideas about robots, the fears people have, and what a future could look like with them here.

If you think about how far artificial intelligence is coming, this kind of book is warranted. Technology is moving and changing so quickly that all sorts of jobs that were once done by humans are now down with automation and actual robots now doing the job.

The Author Schenker has a writing style that is entertaining and informative. He created very compelling arguments that opened my eyes to why people fear a future with robots, more so how they fear the unknown. He was very calming and not at all antagonistic. I enjoyed reading about his vision of how robots and we can work together. I enjoyed learning more about robots in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment