Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Book Review: Unqualified


                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  

Anna Faris has advice for you. And it's great advice, because she's been through it all, and she wants to tell you what she's learned. 

Her comic memoir and first book, Unqualified, will share Anna's candid, sympathetic, and entertaining stories of love lost and won. Part memoir, part humorous, unflinching advice from her hit podcast.

Anna Faris Is Unqualified, the book will reveal Anna's unique take on how to navigate the bizarre, chaotic, and worthwhile adventure of finding love.

Hilarious, authentic, and actually useful, Unqualified is the book Anna's fans have been waiting for.












                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

“Don’t let yourself be used. Value yourself and value what you bring to the table. And if you’re not feeling valued, examine that, because it’s painful to have someone not treat you exactly the way you want them to.”

I can't explain how much I loved this book. I listen to the audiobook which was read by Anna Faris which is so good. It is narrated by Anna Faris herself. She has a great voice and reads in a pleasant and fun way. Even at a faster pace, you can understand every word she says. She doesn't talk too fast or too slow, the audio is just right. 

Chris Pratt is a large focus in this book. It was bittersweet to read due to the fact that Anna and Chris have recently split up and most of the book is Anna sharing about how wonderful he is and how much she loves him. They were one of my favorite couples so it was really sad that they broke up, but I hope they are very happy. 

“If your closest friends stop showing up to your barbecues, you're probably in a bad relationship.” 

This book feels honest to a fault. This book is better than most celebrity memoirs I have read. This book is sadder than it is funny. We hear about deep issues that Anna has gone through. Hearing about her first period, losing her virginity, being cheated on, dealing with a premature baby, and other issues were surprising and intimate. I felt for her all along on the journey she shared with us. 

I enjoyed the random chapters where Anna showcased average peoples advice. It was nice to read different people's short take on various topics. It gave some perspective to this book and made it more relatable. I also enjoyed how they were all different and at some points contradictory. 


I am even more of a fan of hers after listening to this audiobook. I plan on listening to her podcast and watching her other movies now. I am glad she shared some glimpses of life on set and details of her films. It made for a fun and quick read! 


No comments:

Post a Comment