Friends and family expected Ken Cruickshank to continue playing sports, traveling, engaging in mischief, and raising an active brood after he married his soulmate, Karen. Indeed, all was proceeding to plan until an invisible enemy strengthened its grip on his body and mind. Goals, abilities, and many dreams grew forever affected by progressive disease. After an accident crumpled his weakened body, he dug deep to rediscover the optimism and hope he'd once considered his essence. He realized that the illness he blamed for stealing his identity was also the path to wisdom and a life of fulfillment.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
This was such a heartbreaking story for me to read. As a person that has never suffered from the illness described in this book, I cannot imagine what the author has gone through. The book was so powerful and moving.
This story is both inspirational and completely powerful. The writing is raw and so gripping. I can’t imagine suffering such a loss to my body. Something I thought I could count on for so many years. The memoir made me cry and laugh at points, it was so emotionally beautiful.
This memoir features the author Ken Cruickshank's real illness. This is a true story of his life and how multiple sclerosis has affected his life. I was so inspired by his writing and will plan on never taking my strong body for granted. This book was eye-opening for me about what people with MS and other chronic illnesses face every day.
This memoir is a must-read for young and old, for those of us that have a loved one facing a chronic illness or have one ourselves. I am so thankful I have this book a chance.
This story is both inspirational and completely powerful. The writing is raw and so gripping. I can’t imagine suffering such a loss to my body. Something I thought I could count on for so many years. The memoir made me cry and laugh at points, it was so emotionally beautiful.
This memoir features the author Ken Cruickshank's real illness. This is a true story of his life and how multiple sclerosis has affected his life. I was so inspired by his writing and will plan on never taking my strong body for granted. This book was eye-opening for me about what people with MS and other chronic illnesses face every day.
This memoir is a must-read for young and old, for those of us that have a loved one facing a chronic illness or have one ourselves. I am so thankful I have this book a chance.

No comments:
Post a Comment