Book Title: Signs in the Rearview Mirror: Leaving a Toxic Relationship Behind
Author: Kelly Smith
Category: Adult Non-Fiction, 214 pages
Genre: Self-help, Relationships
Publisher: Sunny Day Publishing
Release date: April 2018
Tour dates: June 18 to July 7, 2018
Content Rating: PG-13 (This book contains real-life violence, but also meant for young people who are old enough to date)
Book Description:
What kind of person ends up in toxic relationship? And why does she stay? This searingly honest novel answers both those questions head on. Coming-out of a failing marriage, Kelly turns to Gabe out of fear offing alone. Her gradual slide into danger is at once terrifying and inevitable, and the steps she takes to get out of it will both inspire and offer help.
Buy the Book:
Author Interview:
How did you come up with your book title?
My book actually began as a weekly series on my blog. I knew I wanted to possibly write a book but the process of writing an entire book was overwhelming, so I broke up each chapter into a weekly series writing about 2,000 each week. I was about to launch my series when I realized I didn't have a title. I happen to be on the phone with my friend and he actually suggested, Signs in the Rearview Mirror. I wasn't in love with it, but it made sense and I could change it later. Well it fit perfectly. My editor added on the sub title of Leaving a Toxic Relationship Behind, which I love.
Have you always wanted to be a writer? Or did it just come naturally to you?
In the book you will read of how I realized I was a writer. I’m not sure if I wanted to be a writer or if the words wanted me to be a writer. I feel as if I have no choice but to write. I feel it's a calling and I happen to be pretty good at and I just happen to love it. I feel when I am writing there is nothing else I would rather be doing. It is a part of my life and I would not change it for anything.
Where did you write your book? Did you have a favorite place to write?
As my life was beginning to change in so many ways, I decided to move. The house I moved into is on the lake here in Texas. Each night as I wrote the words to my book, I had the door in my bedroom open. I sat on my bed in my room and as the water moved, waved, and broke on the shore, I wrote my book. I didn't realize how valuable the sound of moving water helped me be creative. So I basically wrote my entire book while sitting on my bed in room.
In your book you write about your recovery program. Can you explain what that is?
The recovery program I found is Celebrate Recovery. It is a program based on the 12 steps from AA. It is recovery from anything. Love addiction. Food Addiction. Anger. Codependency. Drugs. Alcohol ect...I am recovering from anger, codependency, and narcissism. Anyone can join and it does not cost much at all. You can look for CR in your local church.
What is your favorite chapter in your book and why?
My favorite chapter is Chapter 12. In chapter 12 I write of letting go, freedom, and finding happiness. Chapter 12 inspires hope and healing. Chapter 12 is a light at the end of a dark tunnel.
Meet the Author:
Boston born and raised, Kelly now makes her home in Austin with her three sons and one amazing Giant Schnauzer Bullseye. Kelly has written for the Huffington Post, blogs at Thoughts Becoming Words, and hosts a podcast Let's Get Wicked Deep.
Connect with the author: Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram
Enter the Giveaway!
Ends July 14, 2018



No comments:
Post a Comment