BOOK INFORMATION:
Stella has had a hopeless crush on Will, her older brother's best friend FOREVER, but now that Cam and Will have graduated and are going off to college, this year is her chance to really strike out on her own. Without her overprotective brother and his sidekick around to distract her, she can focus on having all the typical high school experiences that she's always dreamed of—starting with finding a boyfriend! With the help of her best friend Franklin, she comes up with the perfect plan to have a boyfriend by Christmas: The Boyfriend Bracket.
Or it seems like the perfect plan...right up until Will starts showing up again. How is she supposed to find the perfect boyfriend when none of her dates measure up to the one boy she can never have?
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
What adorable contemporary. This is such a cute novel. I loved the troupes in this one and all the diversity. It was just great all around. I love that there was a Filipino main character. This book kinda reminded me of a Sarah Dessen novel which I loved. I rated this novel a solid four stars.
A sweet contemporary about a girl who just wants to find a boyfriend. The difference in this book rather than other books is an overprotective big brother. In this book, Stella can't find a boyfriend due to her older brother always interfering. After her brother finally graduates she is finally free to find one. She feels relief about this. Stella and her best friend just the boyfriend bracket to find the perfect boyfriend. Which is a pretty interesting method for finding love in my opinion. I haven't read anything like that before.
I will say that the romance in this novel was too rushed. I wanted a slow-burning romance and one that was super realistic but it didn't do that for me. I enjoyed the relationship with Will it just seemed too set up and the long-term crush she had on him made it seem unrealistic. I enjoyed the different perspectives in this book though.
I will say that the romance in this novel was too rushed. I wanted a slow-burning romance and one that was super realistic but it didn't do that for me. I enjoyed the relationship with Will it just seemed too set up and the long-term crush she had on him made it seem unrealistic. I enjoyed the different perspectives in this book though.
Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:
Post a Comment