BOOK INFORMATION:
Fifteen years ago, the small town of Pleasure, Wisconsin’s innocence was stolen by a young boy. Now, he is back, leaving a trail of bloody carnage in his wake. The media has dubbed him Strawberries, and the country is mesmerized.
Detective Harry Bland is a broken man, and can’t find a single clue to catch him. It doesn’t help that his mind won’t focus; his heart just isn’t in it anymore.
Halfway across the country, Sylvia is in a different state of mind. When she isn’t selling sex to the rich, she is doing her best to disappear. She lives a life of assumed names, one night stands and a constant stream of narcotics.
A reporter, two cross-country truckers, an eccentric friend, and a rubber-clad CSI all have their part to play. Get ready for an intense, yet human experience, as their paths come together in a small town you've never heard of. Strawberries has killed again.
Detective Harry Bland is a broken man, and can’t find a single clue to catch him. It doesn’t help that his mind won’t focus; his heart just isn’t in it anymore.
Halfway across the country, Sylvia is in a different state of mind. When she isn’t selling sex to the rich, she is doing her best to disappear. She lives a life of assumed names, one night stands and a constant stream of narcotics.
A reporter, two cross-country truckers, an eccentric friend, and a rubber-clad CSI all have their part to play. Get ready for an intense, yet human experience, as their paths come together in a small town you've never heard of. Strawberries has killed again.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
“The dark was heavy. While in the light, it’s easy to ignore the weight of the air, but when sight is removed and other senses are heightened, it can be felt. She could feel it now, pushing down on her, as if she were carrying the barn’s ebony breath in her arms.”
Wow, this book was something else. Strawberry is a serial killer. That is really creative when murdering people. He is a complete psycho that even harms himself while murdering at random. His signature is a strawberry.
I have really enjoyed psychological thrillers as of lately. I have a problem with excessive gore due to my very weak stomach and extremely vivid imagination. I don't like reading books that have extensive graphic detail about murder and torture. I had to stop reading this book at times because of the level of detail in this book, but overall I got through it. My worry when going into this book and some of it was justified.
This book was just mind-blowing. I read this book slower than normal due to having to start and stop too much. I hated putting the book down even for a minute. I read it every couple of days and finished in a week. It wasn't a slow read it was just my tolerance.
In Strawberries, we follow a serial killer. There are people currently trying to track him down. It is a glimpse into the dark and disturbing. I enjoyed all the different characters and their lives. It is far more than your average catch a serial killer mystery book. It gave a gritty look into the evil that lurks around us.
It was an interesting book. It was very well written in my opinion. There wasn't very many spelling or grammatical errors. This made the plot all the more interesting. I felt as if the plots were woven together to create a really deep and unique storyline. They were brilliantly done! It wasn't over-dramatized or hard to plow through.
This is one of the best books I have read all year, and I randomly found it on my kindle. Who knows how long it has been on there lol. I hope you check it out.


No comments:
Post a Comment