Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Book Review: 1984 (Classics)
This is a series that involves spotlighting interesting classical literature that I read. In an effort to be a more well-rounded reader. I also am participating in a classic literature challenge Feel free to check out the series here. Below is a running list of each post in this series.
Title: !984
Author: George Orwell
Page Count: 328 pages
How I received it: I believe I have had it since middle school
Genre: Classic, Dystopia, Science fiction, itature
Actual rating: 5/5 Stars
I have read this book so many times. I am surprised the pages haven't fallen out. This was one of my first "me" books. It was a book that I had earned, so I decided to just work on reviews instead. My first introduction to Orwell was not always my favorite author. He sort of had to earn that title. And as I get older and re-read his books, I realize how truly gifted he was.
The first time I read this book I thought the government was out to get me. I struggled showering because I might have run into someone bad. I eventually grew up and realized all of that was super silly. have this love affair with this mans work and at this point, I don't remember how to fix it with out deleting my data.
This book is super dark and depressing. I believe it's even scarier because we can see some of these things by ourselves. The one thing that always stuck with me was War is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is a strength. I do not ever wish we got to know more of the main characters and they would actually take pictures with her.
This book shares a very interesting view of utopia. One that is sort of not a utopia. They live in a country that has a totalitarian system. This really changed my mind set because it is where we are going somewhat. I am super anxious and what not, even though big brother isn; 't that exciting.
I hope you give this book a chance!
Goodreads Description:
The year 1984 has come and gone, but George Orwell's prophetic, nightmarish vision in 1949 of the world we were becoming is timelier than ever. 1984 is still the great modern classic of "negative utopia" -a startlingly original and haunting novel that creates an imaginary world that is completely convincing, from the first sentence to the last four words.
No one can deny the novel's hold on the imaginations of whole generations, or the power of its admonitions -a power that seems to grow, not lessen, with the passage of time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment