Monday, August 28, 2017

Book Review: The Secret Life of Lilykins





Author: ,  (Illustrations) 
Page Count:
Where I received:
Actual Rating:

This is such a delightful little-illustrated children's books about cute cats.  


A really delightful illustrated children's book about a lovely cat called Lilykins who lives with her two human daddies and her older feline brother. 

Lilykins gets up to a lot of fun adventures. She's a cat with a big imagination. I found myself smiling at her antics and the sweet illustrations and soon Lilykins grew on my heart. 

The story itself is not badly written although due to some poor sentence placement and formatting I couldn't tell if the whole book was meant to rhyme or just some. I hope they tighten that up before publishing it. I'd buy this for my children or as a gift.

It has a lovely message about using the power of your imagination and with it being an all male couple also opens children up to LGBT family units. Lilykins won my heart paws down. 4 stars from this cat loving book lady!


The art in this book is really amazing. It is a gorgeous picture book with fun shapes and bright colors. Guaranteed to spark your child's imagination. 


Links to purchase: Amazon // Barnes & Noble



Goodreads Descriptions: 




On the surface, Lilykins lives the life of a typical house cat. But Lilykins has another life - a secret life - that transports her to a world of incredible adventures.


 "The Secret Life of Lilykins" is a story filled with animals, adventure and absurdity. But at its core, it's a story about the power of imagination.




No comments:

Post a Comment