Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Reader Problems Book Tag



Hey, guys! So recently I have really wanted to expand my blog content more. Right now it is mainly just book reviews, and I thought some book tags would be a fun way for you guys to know more about me. When searching for tags, I saw this Reader Problems Book Tag on Quinn's Book Nook! I really thought it would be fun to try out! 


1.  You have 20,000 books on your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?

I don't actually keep a TBR list honestly. I know that makes me different than 99% of book bloggers. I think personally I will pick out like five books I that look interesting then read the first chapter. After I do that then I just pick the book that captured my interest the most. 

2.  You're halfway through a book, and you're just not loving it.  Do you put it down or are you committed?  

I am so horrible at DNFing books! Although lately, I have been really working on getting better at this for non-review books. So far it has been a slow process. I will keep going for review books, rarely skimming. 

3.  The end of the year is coming, and you're behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up and if so how?

I am great at attempting a million challenges and giving up. The only one I stay true to is the Goodreads Challenge. I will do as many readathons as it takes to get caught up. Right now I am 19 books behind schedule, so looks like I need to do some readathons. 


4.  The cover of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?

I don't care about covers, I care about books. 

5.  Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not.  Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?

I celebrate differences in reading tastes! I don't care if I have different reading tastes over my friends. It makes us each who we are. 

6.  You're reading a book in public, and you're about to start crying.  How do you deal?

I haven't much experience with this problem. I try to pick fun books for public reading because I am typically trying to make time pass faster while waiting for something. I personally don't care if people see me crying in public. Emotions are okay! 

7.  The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you've forgotten a lot of what happens.  Are you going to reread it?

I would have every intention to reread the first book. Although that probably wouldn't happen and it's pretty likely that I'd put the sequel aside until I could reread the first book. Which would mean I will read them both in the next five years. I am so bad at sequels. 

8.  You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?

Thankfully, I don't know many people who ask, or want to read my books. I am not friends with a lot of regular readers. I also think my amount of reading intimidates a lot of my friends, which makes me sad. I'm okay with lending to people if I have read them and if I trust the people. If I am uncomfortable for any reason then I would be polite and explain the reason to them. Most of my friends are adults and wouldn't have a problem!

9.  You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month.  How do you get over this reading slump?

I hate reading slumps with such a passion! I get in them quite frequently so my go to solution is to listen to an audio book, read an old favorite, then try a new book. This typically works quite well for me. Another solution is just to stop reading for half a year, I did that once! 

10.  There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?

I don't really buy a huge number of new release books. I think many I have purchased 2 books in the last 5 years the same year that the came out.  A lot of what I read are review books. I'm  also a big fan of my local library. I typically buy second-hand books or books from discount sites if I purchase. 

11.  After you purchase all these books that you're dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?

I read so many books a year, due to review obligations. I also am a double major so there is a ton of reading with that. So this is why I rarely buy books on my own because they will sit there untouched for several months. Under the Dome by Stephen King has been on my shelf four about 3 years I believe! 


This was such a fun tag to do! I hope you all enjoyed reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment