Title: Until You (Fall Away, #1.5)
Author: Penelope Douglas
Page Count: 406 pages
Where I received: From the library
Actual Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
***This novel contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+.
This is such a different book than I would normally never read, but sometimes you have to live outside of the box. You know when you do something that is really bad for you, but it feels good? That is this type of book. I won't say this is something I would read this book again or read anything in this genre again. This book is number 1.5 in the Fall Away series, which I haven't read it at all.
I believe in the genre like this male pov's are always better. This book was pretty amazing. The characters are multi-dimensional, the story line is solid and interesting.
“My name is Jared.
My name is Jared.
My name is Jared."
In this story, we follow two characters, Jared and Tatum. Who were best friends in the past, practically inseparable, but after one summer they drifted apart. So many things have seemed to have changed. He had hardened himself against all kinds of emotions. Pushed himself away from the one person who made him feel whole. So what does he do to her? He makes her life a living nightmare.
For the next couple of years, Jared spreads rumors and taunts her. It is really mean at times and quite cruel. He makes her cry in front of her peers. He causes her so much pain. She decides to go to France for her Junior year, which in turn shows Jared that he can't live without her. That his life can't be the same without her in it.
This is where the story gets extremely interesting.
Overall it was a pretty decent romance novel.
Links to purchase: Amazon // Barnes & Noble
***This novel contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+.
Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Or so numb that you actually felt high? The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between.
Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.
Except Tatum.
I love her so much that I hate her. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else.
So I hurt her. I pushed her away.
But I still need her. The sight of her centers me, and I can pool all of my anger into her. Engaging her, challenging her, bullying her...they are my food, my air, and the last part of me that feels anything human.
But she left. She went to France for a year, and came back a different girl.
Now, when I push, she pushes back.
Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Or so numb that you actually felt high? The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between.
Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.
Except Tatum.
I love her so much that I hate her. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else.
So I hurt her. I pushed her away.
But I still need her. The sight of her centers me, and I can pool all of my anger into her. Engaging her, challenging her, bullying her...they are my food, my air, and the last part of me that feels anything human.
But she left. She went to France for a year, and came back a different girl.
Now, when I push, she pushes back.


No comments:
Post a Comment