Book Information:
Four talented teenagers are traumatized-coping with grief, surviving date rape, facing the anxiety of standardized tests and the neglect of self-absorbed adults--and they'll do anything to escape the pressure.
They'll even build an invisible helicopter, to fly far away to a place where everyone will understand them... until they learn the only way to escape reality is to face it head-on.
My Thoughts On This Book:
You are not ovals. You are not letters. You are human beings and every time someone rolls their eyes like your opinion doesn't count, picture me giving them the finger."
I can't believe I finished this book. I wanted so much to love this book. Unfortunately, it is complete gibberish, and I like a challenge, but this book was beyond that. Crawl through it is one of the most confusing A. S. King books I have ever read. I enjoyed Everyone Sees the Ants and Ask the Passangers, they were about seriously hard topics like bullying and coming out. This one just didn't have a point in my opinion. I missed that in this one, which made it one of the most disappointing books of 2017.
This book is too far for me; it isn't experimental fiction (whatever that means), it isn't magical realism ( which I hate, as much as I am sad to say). I would call this complete gibberish as I have previously mentioned. It is filled with entirely fragmented sentences and strange comparisons. I kept having to re-read sentences to understand them.
I think that's all I have to say about this strange little book.
This book is too far for me; it isn't experimental fiction (whatever that means), it isn't magical realism ( which I hate, as much as I am sad to say). I would call this complete gibberish as I have previously mentioned. It is filled with entirely fragmented sentences and strange comparisons. I kept having to re-read sentences to understand them.
I think that's all I have to say about this strange little book.


No comments:
Post a Comment