BOOK INFORMATION:
Two lives. One hour. A lifetime consequence. I believe in choice, not fate.
I chose to nurse a broken heart at the kitschy country bar that night.
I chose to let Isaac Cordova buy me a drink.
I chose to spend one hour with a near stranger in an attempt to soothe my pain.
No last names, no details about our lives, just one hour where I was allowed to forget, and then we would never see each other again.
But was it a choice when I ran into him five years later?
I needed help, and he was the only person equipped to give it.
Our instant attraction doesn’t feel like much of a choice either, but it doesn't matter.
Everything has changed.
Now my choices impact other people.
And what will I choose?
Do I keep Isaac out?
Do I dare to let him in?
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
I want to start this post by saying I really wanted to like this book. I read the synopsis and saw the cover and was completely hooked. I really wanted too, but after I finished it I realized I didn't really care for this book at all. I mean there were decent things about it, as I did rate it 3 stars but it just wasn't that special. Apparently, I am in the minority with this opinion. It was really a struggle to finish this book.
The book is very well written, with few, if any grammatical errors. I enjoyed the way that the daughter, I believe her name was Claire, was written. I don't normally care for romance novels that include kids but this girl was such a sweet part of the story.
One of the main characters is named Issac, he is sort of your average romance hero. He is super sensitive and attentive. He is a doctor and is incredibly charming. I just didn't like how it felt like we had to like him, as a reader I don't like being forced into feeling a certain way. I thought he might have had some alliterative motives because he stepped up to the plate faster than most would. He wanted to be an active part of her life, and I loved that but it just seemed so very sudden.
One of the main characters is named Issac, he is sort of your average romance hero. He is super sensitive and attentive. He is a doctor and is incredibly charming. I just didn't like how it felt like we had to like him, as a reader I don't like being forced into feeling a certain way. I thought he might have had some alliterative motives because he stepped up to the plate faster than most would. He wanted to be an active part of her life, and I loved that but it just seemed so very sudden.
The character I ended up disliking the most was the main character Aubry. She was very rude at times and she was weirdly over protective about Claire. I didn't like that she kept the daughter from Issac as long as she did. While she is open to the relationship, I felt like that she was setting up road blocks for him to navigate. That just left a bad taste in my mouth. It is obvious that she still is wounded by her mother leaving her, this is a wound that seems to have not healed with her. I believe this ends up hurting her daughter at the moment.
Overall this book was about overcoming the past and growing through experiences that we have in our lives. I liked the healing aspect of this novel, it made it interesting to me. This is such a well written book with such heartwarming topics and aspects. I just wish I would have enjoyed it more. I am glad I got this free on kindle. I enjoyed the story enough that I don't regret reading it.

No comments:
Post a Comment