Nobody cuts deeper than family...Noah Alderman, a doctor and a widower, has remarried a wonderful woman, Maggie, and for the first time in a long time he and his son are happy. But their lives are turned upside down when Maggie’s daughter Anna moves in with them. Anna is a gorgeous seventeen-year-old who balks at living under their rules though Maggie, ecstatic to have her daughter back, ignores the red flags that hint at the trouble that is brewing. Events take a deadly turn when Anna is murdered and Noah is accused of the crime. Maggie must face not only the devastation of losing her only daughter, but the realization that her daughter's murder was at the hands of a husband she loves. New information sends Maggie searching for the truth, leading her to discover something darker than she could have ever imagined.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
This was such a spectacular book. I can't even explain how much I loved this novel. The characters in this book are amazing. The timelines are wonderful. The point of views are awesome.
The story glides between Maggie and Noah’s point of views, they are a married couple. They have a quiet and sweet marriage. Together they are raising Noah’s son Caleb and taking on the world together.
All though Maggie has had to deal with the loss of her own daughter. You see when Anna was an infant her ex-husband took her away. She hasn't heard or seen from her since. That is until now when out of the blue Maggie receives a call from her.
She is ecstatic about this news. They quickly meet for a reunion lunch. Within, almost no time Anna is moving in with them. Turns out Anna has some secrets of her own and might even have her own reasons for wanting to reach out to her mother.
This was my first Lisa Scottoline novel. I was very excited to try one of them out after hearing so much about the others. I think this is a must read book. I am so glad I picked it out. I gave this novel four stars because I just wanted a little more thriller aspects. I hope you check this book out!
Disclaimer: I received this book from St. Martin's Press in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment