Saturday, July 28, 2018

Book Review: Caught Up In Us ( Caught Up In Love #1)


                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  



Title: Caught Up In Us ( Caught Up In Love #1) 
Author: Lauren Blakely
Publisher: Lauren Blakely Books 
Source: Bought off of Amazon
Publisher Date: January 19th, 2013 
Pages: 254 pages

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

A second chance at first love...

Five years ago, Kat Harper fell into a dizzying summer romance with her brother's best friend Bryan. It was a mad, crazy love full of kisses all through the night—but he broke her heart and she had to move on. Five years later, Kat is finishing her graduate degree and building her business as a jewelry designer, when Bryan, head of his own successful company, walks back into her life. Bryan has been assigned to Kat as her new business mentor and the rules are clear. No hanky panky permitted. Kat can handle that because she's totally over him... right? Except, he still makes her laugh, and he remembers all the things she likes. Not to mention that he's even more handsome now than he was then. Then there's the spark between them—the simply undeniable chemistry, and the tender ways he shows he still cares for her. Can they resist each other the second time around or will first love trump all?



                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

“My first love. He was my first favorite mistake.” 

Kat met Brian when she was really young, seventeen, to be exact. He was her brothers best friend. They hit it off at first sight and were pretty much inseparable for one summer. They had the typical teenage romance where they would just make out a lot. It was a cute charming part of the story. But fate would bring them back together. 

"Brian was butterflies-in-the-belly, my soft-and-hungry-and-never ending kisses. He was all the kisses I’d ever want. Because he was kind, and he was witty, and he always wanted to know more about me, and maybe that’s why he kissed like a dream – he was my dream guy."

I have to be honest this book took me forever and a day to finish. I kept putting it down because I needed to think about things that were happening, I needed to fully absorb it. I didn't want to finish this book.

This was a too-good-to-be-true love story. Everything happened a little too perfectly for it to be realistic but I loved it. I loved that things fell into place neatly and didn't have realistic real-life stress. I read this book at a time in my life where I was struggling emotionally and had some major life problems and I have to say it really was exactly what I needed. 

“If I were a rock star, I’d have Taylor Swifted him and written one of those anthemic I don’t love you anymore songs.”

Lauren Blakely's writing style is so smooth and beautiful. I loved the way she brought the main characters together. The characters had a natural chemistry and I enjoyed the way they interacted and bantered with each other. You could feel their feelings coming off the pages. The secondary characters where just as wonderful and they weren't just apart of the story or in the background. 

I am such a sucker for romance that is sweet and cute. Caught Up in Us definitely met the mark. It had some plot issues and writing problems but they didn't ruin the story for me. Overall I thought that Caught Up in Us was a light and enjoyable book to read. It is one that will make you happy and lift your spirits. There is no crazy cliffhanger's, no heart break, just is a good enjoyable book. The characters that felt genuine and real. It is a sweet read. I definitely recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment