Monday, July 9, 2018

Book Review: Cocksure


                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  


A life altering lie, ten years, and one wild night later, the game has changed.

Niko

My life is great. I love my job, have awesome friends, and a great family. 
Women love me, even if they know it’s just for a night.
I always thought love at first sight was bullshit. Then she came storming into my life. She tore through my every rule, rocked my world, and knocked me on my ass.
There’s only one problem...she lied.
Turns out my best friend’s little sister isn’t so little anymore.

Everly

I stole a night with my fantasy.
After ten years of not seeing each other, Niko doesn’t even recognize me.
So I take what I want from him, what I need from him. Without worry. Without consequence.
What I didn’t count on was the lingering need for him. 
Once the truth is out, the game changes. There are consequences.
I should have known nothing in my life is ever simple.
My brother is going to kill his best friend and I have nine months to figure out what I want.


***NOTE - THIS IS A COMPLETE STANDALONE. ALL BOOKS IN THE COCKSURE WORLD ARE INDEPENDENT STANDALONES FEATURING A DIFFERENT COUPLE IN EACH BOOK***


                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

Cocksure is a contemporary romance that is sure to heat up your life. This book will leave you absolutely swooning. This is a story that is a mix of forbidden romance, humor, and mystery. Cocksure has so many surprises it will keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you wanting more. 

"You're my home."

The main character in this book is Everly who is returning home after a bad breakup. She wants to feel secure and safe with them. Her friends and family are her safe haven so she is eager to be back. Although upon returning she sees first hits up a bar. The reason being she is meeting her big brother. 

She ends up finding her big brother's best friend Niko in his place. He doesn't recognize the grown-up Everly so she decides to take advantage of this unique situation. Being with the one she always wanted is exactly what she thinks she needs after this horrendous breakup. But is it really what she needs? 

She is desperately trying to escape the grip of heartbreak and loss. After Niko and Everly cannot seem to stay away from each other, the truth is found out. The consequences of their actions are greater than either could have expected. 

This is a story told in dual points of view. This is a rather timid forbidden romance with lots of laughs and fun to be had. There is a bit of steaminess in this novel but nothing overly done or gross. 

I love how much the characters truly develop throughout this novel. The one that has the biggest transformation is Niko. He discovers true love for the first time. He is willing to give up everything for Everly. Which is something that Everly struggles with.


Overall Cocksure was a fantastic steamy romance that I really enjoyed. There was plenty of drama involved and some good tropes. I think that readers will really enjoy this one. I rated it five out of five stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment