Sunday, October 8, 2017

Blog Tour: Many Sparrows




Book info




Either she and her children would emerge from that wilderness together, or none of them 
would. . . .

In 1774, the Ohio-Kentucky frontier pulses with rising tension and brutal conflicts as Colonists push westward and encroach upon Native American territories. The young Inglesby family is making the perilous journey west when an accident sends Philip back to Redstone Fort for help, forcing him to leave his pregnant wife Clare and their four-year old son Jacob on a remote mountain trail.

When Philip does not return and Jacob disappears from the wagon under the cover of darkness, Clare awakens the next morning to find herself utterly alone, in labor and wondering how she can to recover her son . . . especially when her second child is moments away from being born.

Clare will face the greatest fight of her life, as she struggles to reclaim her son from the Shawnee Indians now holding him captive. But with the battle lines sharply drawn, Jacob's life might not be the only one at stake. When frontiersman Jeremiah Ring comes to her aid, can the stranger convince Clare that recovering her son will require the very thing her anguished heart is unwilling to do-be still, wait and let God fight this battle for them?


Learn more and purchase a copy.



My Thoughts About This Book:

"We don't get the eagle's view. Sometimes we look around and it's like being hemmed by a thicket of thorns. But it's there."

Many Sparrows was one of my favorite books of 2017. I really felt like I enjoyed this book. I can't wait to read more works by Lori Benton. I read it in less than two days. I couldn't wait to figure out what happened. The story is action-packed and super exciting. The book is completely captivating and tragic. 

I was raised in Ohio and Kentucky so I have always had a love for stories set there. I enjoyed reading the frontier, native, and settler aspect of this book. I had an issue with some of the representation and storytelling but overall it wasn't terrible. 

We follow Clare who is absolutely wonderful. She was lovable from the first page which surprising for me. I really feel that she had depth and we saw her grow across the pages. The character really has to overcome a lot. We watch her go through sorrow and joy. It was a wonderful time reading about her life experiences. 

This is one of the best historical fiction novels I have read. It is detailed and the research the author did is obvious from the first page. The book is layered and beautiful. This book touched me so deeply. This is a book that will stick with me for a long time.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Litfuse in exchange for an honest review


About The Author:

Lori Benton was born and raised east of the Appalachian Mountains, surrounded by early American and family history going back to the 1600s. 

Her novels transport readers to the 18th century, where she brings to life the Colonial and early Federal periods of American history, creating a melting pot of characters drawn from both sides of a turbulent and shifting frontier, brought together in the bonds of God's transforming grace.

When she isn’t writing, reading, or researching 18th century history, Lori enjoys exploring the mountains with her husband.

Burning Sky, Lori's debut novel, was a finalist for the ECPA 2014 Christian Book Award, and winner of the 2014 Christy Award for First Novel, Historical, and Book of the Year.



Find out more about Lori at http://loribenton.blogspot.com.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Find us on PinterestView on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment