One of my major goals in 2018 is to read all of Roald Dahl's books. I believe his works are wonderful and don't want to miss a page. Follow along with the journey here.
BOOK INFORMATION:
Nobody outfoxes Fantastic Mr. Fox!
Someone's been stealing from the three meanest farmers around, and they know the identity of the thief-it's Fantastic Mr. Fox!
Working alone they could never catch hi; but now fat Boggis, squat Bunce, and skinny Bean have joined forces, and they have Mr. Fox and his family surrounded.
What they don't know is that they're not dealing with just any fox-Mr. Fox would rather die than surrender.
Only the most fantastic plan can save him now.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
“I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.” ― Roald Dahl, Fantastic Mr. Fox
Fantastic Mr. Fox was one of the cutest Roland Dahl stories I have read thus far. I am shamed and embarrassed that I hadn’t read this book before now. I have always wanted to and this challenge was the perfect time to do so. My favorite will always be Matilda though.
The moral that some humans are cruel, treat animals like livestock and do murderous things moral really got to me in this book. We treat animals like crap and this book explained it in ways that even a child would understand.
The moral that some humans are cruel, treat animals like livestock and do murderous things moral really got to me in this book. We treat animals like crap and this book explained it in ways that even a child would understand.
Yes the book does glorify stealing and drinking, which is weird for most children's books, but Rolad Dahl doesn't write your average feel-good tale
A few reviews have questioned the morals in the story and I will agree they are bad. The solution to stealing wasn't to never do it again, it was to do it more. which could send the wrong signal to kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment