Sunday, February 18, 2018

Book Review: The Silken Edge *Erotica warning*



**Warning this is a book in a genre I never read but I got it for review and need to talk about the problematic relationship inside this book**

                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  

The relationship was over long before it ended, so when her boyfriend dumps her, Kristy craves a change in life. Kristy's best friend, Sherry, is into the BDSM scene, and on a whim and a bet, Kristy finds herself in the playroom at an exclusive club. A disguised Dom named Master Jay uses sensation play and a piece of silk to help her discover the world of kink. She finds it enjoyable and addictive, but what she doesn't know is that Master Jay is really Jake, a much younger man to whom she's strongly attracted.

For the past couple of years, Jake quietly watched Kristy in his gym. He doesn't care that she’s older than him; he wants her. When the virgin BDSM sub he’s hired to train ends up being Kristy, Jake almost falls apart. During the scene they play at the club, he fantasizes about getting her into restraints in his own playroom. But Kristy is shocked when she learns that the two men she desires are one and the same. Can Kristy who’s led a vanilla sex life, and Jake, who knows nothing but kink, find a future together?

A note from the author: 


BDSM is variable; it's not black and white, it's not always deep and dark. It's whatever the participants want it to be, it's individual, and there is no "right" way to do it - as long as it's SSC (safe/sane/consensual). 


I've done my research. I've been to clubs, private play parties, demonstrations, forums, workshops, conventions, and conferences on the subject of kink/BDSM.


Don't let what you think you know about the lifestyle, or what you've read in novels affect your thoughts on the subject. Be open-minded.


                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

Man, I am disappointed in this book. I must have missed something with all these reviews that are five stars. Truly this book was so problematic from the first page.

Let's start with the beginning of this book. It starts with a breakup. The guy literally tells her that he has feelings for another girl but he hasn't cheated on her yet. Like seriously who does that. She doesn't react like a normal girl would either in my humble opinion of being a girl that has been cheated on. I have screenshot the parts that made me roll my eyes. 






It is too easily dealt with and the characters move on in a way that is bizarre and too quick. Then we have a rush into a new relationship and an immediate transition into a new relationship. When she falls for a young gym trainer who honestly just seems like a jerk to me. They just acted like immature teenagers that had feelings for each other, they don't seem like adults which ruins the scenes for me. 


The BDSM needs to be more researched. The book seems like it was copied out of a roleplay chat room. There is no believability to it. 


Overall I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone. 


Disclaimer; I received this book in exchange for an honest and unbaised review all thoughts are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment