Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Book Review: The Tea Dragon Society (Children's Series) *Mini Review*


This is a series that involves spotlighting wonderful Children's literature in both publishing worlds. This is a once or twice a month feature. Feel free to check out the series here.





                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  



From the award-winning author of Princess Princess Ever Aftercomes The Tea Dragon Society, a charming all-ages book that follows the story of Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, and the people she meets as she becomes entwined in the enchanting world of tea dragons.

After discovering a lost tea dragon in the marketplace, Greta learns about the dying art form of tea dragon care-taking from the kind tea shop owners, Hesekiel and Erik. 

As she befriends them and their shy ward, Minette, Greta sees how the craft enriches their lives—and eventually her own. 








                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

This is one of the most beautiful childrens book I have ever read. The only encompassing word I could come up with is wonderful. 

The story deals with relevant themes of honoring old ways and also letting go of the past. It also teaches kids how to look forward to the future. 

The cover and artwork are completely marvolus. I can't explain to you how wonderful and magically it is in person.  I believe children will be interested from the very begining with all the pretty colors and having main characters on the front cover. This is something I think is important for children to better understand the story. 

This is the most perfect book for kids, although there is one word used that I disliked. It was the word "Stupid" which I feel is completely unnessicary in childrens litature but that is just me. All in all it is a great story for kids and I hope everyone reads it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment