Thursday, February 1, 2018

Book Review: The Polygamist Daughter




                                                                                 Book Information:                                                                  


"My father had more than fifty children." So begins the haunting memoir of Anna LeBaron, daughter of the notorious polygamist and murderer Ervil LeBaron. With her father wanted by the FBI for killing anyone who tried to leave his cult--a radical branch of Mormonism--Anna and her siblings were constantly on the run with the other sister-wives. Often starving and always desperate, the children lived in terror. Even though there were dozens of them together, Anna always felt alone.She escaped when she was thirteen . . . but the nightmare was far from over. A shocking true story of murder, fear, and betrayal, The Polygamist's Daughter is also the heart-cry of a fatherless girl and her search for love, faith, and a safe place to call home










                                                                     My Thoughts About The Book:                                            


If I am being perfectly honest I am never a fan of memoirs but The Polygamist's Daughter was extremely haunting for me. The Polygamist's Daughter is gripping and so very honest. The writing in this book is genuine and quite beautiful. The story really had a profound effect on me. It is one I will be reading for years to come.

I had never head about the murder Ervil LeBaron prior to picking up this book. This was an eye-opening, heartbreaking, tragic story. I couldn't put this book down I read it obsessively. I had to know more about the story, it was such a page-turner. In the story, we're following Anna's her evil father who was the polygamist cult leader. I won't give any spoilers, but her story as a child was so very moving. It was such weighted subject matter. She was so brave to tell her story. This is one of the most striking memoirs I have ever read.

The writing in this book is so well-done. Is well edited and the grammar is well constructed. I found that the writer put her heart into the story. She left her soul on the pages of this book. With themes of abandonment, transient lifestyles, cult issues, religion, and overcoming hard times. This is a book that everyone needs t0 read.  I was impressed with the author's optimism in this book.

Disclaimer: I recieved this book from Tydale for an honest and unbiased review. 





No comments:

Post a Comment