BOOK INFORMATION:
What should we do when we feel stuck in life?

You know how it feels. There's a hurt in your past that is hard to get beyond. There's a bad habit that's difficult to break. There's a setback that is just too tough to overcome.
We all have our own unique situations in which we feel "stuck." Americans' favorite suggestions for how to fix our lives--self-help programs, self-esteem techniques, or simple willpower--leave many of us ceaselessly spinning our wheels and feeling just as "stuck" as ever. Vince Antonucci knows what this feels like, and he knows many who have struggled to fix their lives with these dead-end methods. He struggled to get past the pain of a neglectful and angry father. It wasn't until Vince decided to go through a recovery and rehab course, focused on God, that he learned ways to break free of that hurt and to live in God's future.
Today, when someone walks through the doors of Vince's innovative church, located just off the Las Vegas Strip, he offers a Restore class as one of three core classes that every member takes. He knows how important it is to learn to break free of these old hurts and bad habits. The essence of that popular class is contained in this book.
Move past your past, heal your hurts, and break your bad habits
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
When I first saw Restore, I thought this is exactly the book that I need. There are a million things I'm struggling with right now, and I thought this book might help. I found this book to be fairly interesting. More importantly I found to be so helpful.
This book is filled with personal stories from the author, but it also contains Biblical scripture. Which is something I look for in a book like this. Because it's not about what the person says in the book, it's more important with the Bible says about the problem. I don't look for the works of man.
Inside this book there're 30 chapters, so you can read one chapter a day for 30 days. At least 30 days a variety of issues are addressed things like; forgiveness, learning to move on, recovery, and even addiction. I think everyone at some point has been affected by these issues. So I find that this book has a lot of relate-ability.
The only thing I found weird in this book is the author's biography. Like many other people I find it interesting that he performs stand up in Las Vegas. But perhaps he uses this for witnessing. Overall the book is easy-to-read and well-written.
Disclaimer: I received this book from Tyndale publishing in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. All thoughts are my own

No comments:
Post a Comment