Friday, February 16, 2018

Book Review: The Woman in the Window




                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  




Anna Fox lives alone, a recluse in her New York City home, unable to venture outside. She spends her day drinking wine (maybe too much), watching old movies, recalling happier times--and spying on her neighbors.

Then the Russells move into the house across the way: a father, a mother, and their teenage son. The perfect family. But when Anna, gazing out her window one night, sees something she shouldn’t, her world begins to crumble—and its shocking secrets are laid bare.

What is real? What is imagined? Who is in danger? Who is in control? In this diabolically gripping thriller, no one—and nothing—is what it seems









                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

This book makes me side-eye my neighbors a bit more than I did previously. I want to first mention that I love the cover of this book. 

The Woman in the Window centers around a woman that has agoraphobia. Agoraphobia is basically a crippling fear and/or anxiety of being in places where it is hard to escape. Although it is usually associated with not being able to leave your house.

Anna Fox lives all by her self in her New York City home. She is unable to leave to do anything. She grocery shops online, drinking to much wine,  she can order whatever she needs and just spends her day watching old movies, spying on her neighbors which gets her into trouble. When she witnesses an attack in the home across the street that she has been spying on. No one will take her seriously. Not the homeowners, and certainly not the police. Anna eventually begins to question her self. Was it the meds or was there another reason no one wants to believe. 

This book was so fast paced and quick for me to get into. It took me about 2 days to read the first 178 pages of this book and then about 3 days to finish the rest. I would say I am a faster reader than the average person though. Still, I believe anyone could fly through this action-packed book. The suspense factor was so good! 

Overall this was an excellent book. I am glad I chose it as My Book of the Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment