Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Ronald Dahl: Charlie and the glass elevator



One of my primary goals in 2018 is to read all of Roald Dahl's books. I believe his works are lovely and don't want to miss a page. Follow along with the journey here. 




                                                                                   BOOK INFORMATION:                                                                  


Now that Charlie has won the chocolate factory, what's next? Even wilder adventures, that'swhat! Join him, Grandpa Joe, and, of course, Willy Wonka for the amazing, intergalactic sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!


















                                                                        MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK                                                              

* I realize this may be your favorite book so be kind and know that we all have different opinions on things.  

This book was such a let down for me compared to the first book. The book was readable and fun but it missed the magic of the first book. I rated this book three stars because I love him as an author and I believe the writting is worth it.

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator was interesting for the first quarter of the book, and the book isn't very long and is a quick read. So that is saying something right there. I was so disappointed as I read this book directly after reading Charlie and the Choclate Factory.  

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator as you would have guessed it takes place mostly inside of an elevator. It suprisingly also has next to nothing to do with the Factory either. In the rest of the book the finally go back to the factor and the umpa lumpas sing. Many do they sing songs. You would then think man this must be were it gets relevant again, but nope.  

It was a let down. 

1 comment: