Jeremy Austin never asked to save a planet—it's bad enough being a "B" average student as the son of a world-famous geneticist for crying out loud! He didn't ask to be attacked by Gnome assassins, didn't choose to become food for a prehistoric monster, would never have thought consorting with wizards a wise concept, and he definitely would never, ever sign up to do sword combat against the bloodthirsty Gnome King.
Note to self: say NO to portals and wormholes.
His father's expedition to a planet 2.4 million light years from Earth has gone missing. Jeremy and five high school friends embark on a rescue mission. Surrounded by an army of mercenaries, they travel through a high-tech portal and discover a nightmare planet on the other side—a violent world of alien races and man-eating monsters—a world in despair; anxiously awaiting the arrival of a savior who will defeat the evil Shadow Lord.
For Jeremy, the search for his father becomes lost in a struggle for survival… and escape from those who would put the mantel of planet savior on his shoulders.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE BOOK
"Jeremy Austen bent forward, his head in his hands, and his eyes glazed as his mind worked throught the events that took place in the past few weeks. "
War Worlds was such a great book for me to read. This was an exciting, and super interesting book for me. There were parts where it felt disjointed, but even with the little issues that I have with it, it was a super enjoyable read. This read more like middle grade to my mind and eyes, than young adult. The characters seemed a little immature in quite a few places for their ages and some of their attitudes annoyed me.
I don't want to give away too much of the storyline so the synopsis will tell you all about the crazy alien creature encounter, science stuff and research, corrupt evil goverments, bioweapons, and so much more that is inside this action packed book.
The wriitting in this book is wonderful. The author Rod C. Spence creates such a vivid world that I was absolutely imersed into it. I found the details in this book to be exciting and jam packed with action. The only downside I see in the writing style, was that the author had so many ideas, I felt like he just put too many of those ideas in this single book. I feel like some of the ideas could have been held off for another in the series, or even into a trilogy. I just want to know what else happens in this world and to these fun characters. I loved these fun kids and all the trouble they get into.
The cover art of the book is so intense and awesome. The artwork is phenomal and really helped draw me into the story. It really gives it a Jurassic Park meets Lord of the rings flair. I was just really impressed with the cover work on this little book. I feel like we have to talk about it cause it is so great.
All in all, I felt like this was a fantastic book that anyone of any age would enjoy. I look forward to reading more of his books and following along with the characters.
Disclaimer: I recieved this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
"Jeremy Austen bent forward, his head in his hands, and his eyes glazed as his mind worked throught the events that took place in the past few weeks. "
War Worlds was such a great book for me to read. This was an exciting, and super interesting book for me. There were parts where it felt disjointed, but even with the little issues that I have with it, it was a super enjoyable read. This read more like middle grade to my mind and eyes, than young adult. The characters seemed a little immature in quite a few places for their ages and some of their attitudes annoyed me.
I don't want to give away too much of the storyline so the synopsis will tell you all about the crazy alien creature encounter, science stuff and research, corrupt evil goverments, bioweapons, and so much more that is inside this action packed book.
The wriitting in this book is wonderful. The author Rod C. Spence creates such a vivid world that I was absolutely imersed into it. I found the details in this book to be exciting and jam packed with action. The only downside I see in the writing style, was that the author had so many ideas, I felt like he just put too many of those ideas in this single book. I feel like some of the ideas could have been held off for another in the series, or even into a trilogy. I just want to know what else happens in this world and to these fun characters. I loved these fun kids and all the trouble they get into.
The cover art of the book is so intense and awesome. The artwork is phenomal and really helped draw me into the story. It really gives it a Jurassic Park meets Lord of the rings flair. I was just really impressed with the cover work on this little book. I feel like we have to talk about it cause it is so great.
All in all, I felt like this was a fantastic book that anyone of any age would enjoy. I look forward to reading more of his books and following along with the characters.
Disclaimer: I recieved this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:
Post a Comment